- 69 percent of moms nationwide want to guide their children to volunteer, but they’re not aware of community volunteer opportunities.^
- 44% say they don’t have enough time ^
- 45% say they don’t know how to make it fun and relevant for their kids ^
- Adults who began volunteering as youth are twice as likely to volunteer as those who did not volunteer when they were younger.
- Youth who volunteer just one hour a week are 50% less likely to abuse drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, or engage in destructive behavior. +
- Students who report doing better in school are more likely to be volunteers
^ 2008 Quaker Youth Volunteerism Report
+ Search Institute, 1995; Search Institute Survey of Youth 6th to 12th Graders, 1997